A swiftMD provider can administer flu shots at your location and on your schedule. Influenza of the flu is a very contagious viral respiratory infection that mainly affects the upper respiratory tract but in some cases can also affect the lower respiratory tract. Although most people infected with the flu experience mild to moderate symptoms, it accounts for the reason most people miss work or school. Serious outcomes have been noted among certain groups of people including:
- Young children under the age of 5
- The elderly those >65 years of age
- Pregnant and recently postpartum women
- Individuals with body mass index(BMI) of 40 or higher
- Individuals with certain chronic conditions are asthma, heart disease, chronic lung disease, liver, blood and kidney disorders
- Those with compromised immune systems
There are preventive measures you can take to avoid contracting the flu including washing your hands regularly and avoiding sharing food with potentially infected people, but the most effective method of prevention is the flu shot. Like all vaccines, the flu shot’s safety and efficacy are closely monitored by the World Health Organization. The flu shot can not cause the flu because it contains either an inactivated virus or no virus at all.
Flu shots are available in all SwiftMD house calls, they can be added to any sick/injured, annual physical or well-child home visit. We do not offer house calls just for flu shots.
How to book
- Step 1: Use the website to book Sick/Injured, Annual Physical, or a Wel-Chid home visit appointment.
- Step 2: After booking, you’ll be asked if you’d like to book a flu shot for yourself and any additional family members. The primary care doctor can administer shots for your entire family, regardless of age.
- Step 3: Follow the prompts on the screen to add a flu shot for as many family members of your family as necessary. You’ll be able to see clear pricing and coverage before you book making it simple to plan.
What you need to know
- Flu shots cost
- You will have the option to add as many family member flu shots to your appointment
- SwiftMDs are available from 8 am- 8 pm, 7days a week.